Are you a talented leader with a caring heart? If you love kids and like the water, then join Emler's team of directors and managers at our award-winning swim schools. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated Director-In-Training for a soon-to-open Houston area swim school. This is an opportunity to love your job, and build a career creating exceptional experiences for customers and employees.
Emler is an industry leader whose Directors guide teams and are supported with excellent benefits. Our recent awards include Top 100 Places to Work in DFW, and Best Places to Work in Central Texas! The new Houston Director will train along side an experienced Emler Director. Leadership experience is required; aquatic experience desired, but not required.
The Director-In-Training (DIT), a creative team player who likes to work hard and have fun, reports directly to their Site Director (trainer) and Director of Operations and shares the Emler culture with employees and customers. Using a diverse set of leadership skills, the DIT is responsible for inspiring a high-performing team while honing skills to supervise and manage site activities and responsibilities. It's an active job where you’ll spend your days in constant interaction with children, families, and your fun, friendly coworkers. Duties include:
- Hiring, coaching, leading and inspiring a team of aquatic staff (and assist in overseeing Customer Service staff)
- Driving exceptional customer experiences and satisfaction leading by example and through team development
- Leading regular team meetings and managing employee engagement
- Participating in continuous improvement and development activities
- Creating and managing semester schedules
- Performing daily operations (teaching, deck management, etc)
- Creating a caring, fun, friendly and effective work environment
- Calmly, positively and proactively responding to challenges
- Undergraduate College degree preferred (5 years of relevant work experience may be considered)
- 2-3 years of upper level management experience
- Proven success in leading, motivating, and empowering a team
- A genuine love for teaching children
- Ability to recognize problems and resolve on the spot
- Ability to set goals, create plans and convert plans into action
Benefits of this full time, salaried position include:
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Performance-based commissions
- Swim Lesson and Swim Party employee discounts
- Employee Referral bonuses
We teach over 35,000 students a year the life-saving skills they need to stay safe in the water, using a time-tested curriculum that helps every swimmer gain confidence and achieve their goals. We are committed to our core values, to providing opportunities for growth and development, to saving lives, and to creating a work environment where you'll love your job!
"Swim up” your career ladder with Emler Swim School - a Texas Corporation making waves since 1975, providing "Safety…with a Splash of Love!"!
Want more information? Check us out at www.emlerswimschool.com or on Facebook.